Monday, April 7, 2008

random thoughts that have come to mind recently

first of all, i have to continue on with my writing in all lower-case. it's something i did in high school (as a way to take the focus off of certain words, like "i" or in that case any other name, not that i don't like the people that i write about but i feel that there are more important things than our titles). plus, i'm too lazy to use a shift key (which just compromises my previous statements, but i'm too lazy to erase it).

i need to go out more often. i like going out and conversing with friends, whether it be through a drunken haze or in between bites of a good dinner. i like the parties where i'm at; they're small enough to feel intimate, but crazy enough to have me wake up in the morning and say, "well that was interesting."

i need more techno in my music collection. well, to state it honestly: i need techno in my music collection. my punk-rock is strong as every, hip-hop is moving pretty strongly and my jazz is very respectable, but i've really been in the mood for something dance-able, and i don't even dance. if anyone has any suggestions for solid artists, feel free to let me know. i'm also considering asking for some CDs from one of my professors who was a techno dj in germany (and i know CDs breaks my no-caps rule but i'm sorry, cds just looks weird, like a grocery store name or a std).

i need to practice more music. and i know, i'm busy already and i work hard, but i keep feeling like i suck when i go to practice. my problem, as i see it, is not that i suck, but that i could be so much better if i just tried harder. and part of that is that my university's jazz festival was this weekend and i went to a lecture by one of the guest artists (a very famous trumpet player) who talked about self-discipline, and it really got me thinking that i could practice more. so that's a goal of mine.

2 comments:

Timmy Troubadour said...

the knife is awesome. check that out. i also dig the faint and m.i.a. none of this is actually techno, technically, but it's danceable. death from above 1979 is also pretty sweet. andrew w.k. is always good for a crazy laugh. that's all i can think of at the moment. i hope you're doing well, my friend.

gringo said...

read my new blog, aka check out bt and mark ronson. got electronic stuff. daft punk for life. i have all of these folk, so i can hook you up whenever.